how do you spell Misungwi?

Monday, September 26, 2005

Blog?

Oh man. So I guess I too am starting a blog. Which from what i've been taught means a web-log.
Basically this all stems from an increasingly built-up guilt or dread or some perversely strong aversion to writing emails. I suppose that mainly stems from the fact that, after waiting so long to write an email, all the little things get lost between the lines and all i'm left writing are the big events that, actually, don't really have a big impact on my life here.
I think for now I'll write this thing for family and friends who already know who I am and what I'm doing. Then maybe later i'll explain myself a bit more. Sorry, strangers, if you all are reading this.
Ok, I think this is enough for a first entry, though I'm sure i'll look back on it with blog-expertise in a few months (if i make it that long) and shudder at this weak attempt at communication. But to be honest, don't feel too creative today, and quite a bit of the creativity I did have went in to picking a name for this stupid blog, a name I don't even particularly like. I was trying to think of something original, but of course couldn't. I'm not incredibly original, and I freely admit it. But in the process of thinking about a name, I thought about the town I live in, Misungwi, here in Tanzania. But then I thought, how can I use that name when I don't even know how it's spelled - come to think of it, most of the residents here don't know how it's spelled, and even GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS have varying spellings!! The two main contenders seem to be Misungwi and Missungwi, and i prefer the former. But still an interesting question, how do you spell it? And I think it sheds some kind of light on what life here is occasionally like. What that light shows I have no clue, but i'm sure its relevant somehow.
Peace

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home