how do you spell Misungwi?

Sunday, December 11, 2005

mola duhu bebe

Feeling better since my last entry. No news on the housing situation or my landlord the thief, but I decided that there's not much I can do about it so I'm just going with the flow. It helps that whenever I am feeling mad about the situation, I think about the landlord himself, who is fat and wears his pants up above his belly button like Steve Urkel. What a tool.

I spent the weekend meeting and greeting the new group of Peace Corps Volunteers coming to work in the Lake Victoria area of Tanzania. I didn't spend long enough getting to really know any of them, but came away with the impression that they seem very FRESH - definitely a good thing. Two years of this job I think is enough for anyone, and there reaches a point where it's just time for someone to go, and someone new to arrive. Am looking ahead to see if my time to go will be at the end of next year or if there's any chance I will want to extend for a third year - but I think in order to consider this sanely, I need my Zanzibar vacation first.

Which is, in fact, the main highlight on the horizon. Work is done for the year except for report writing and a few brainstorming sessions with the District HIV/AIDS Coordinator and an AMREF coworker on Secondary School health interventions. Ok, so actually there is work to do, but nothing that takes the preparation and provides the stress of running a seminar. That craziness wrapped up this past Wednesday when I finished part 1 of a seminar for hotel attendants on proper condom usage and how to improve services to make sure more people have access to condoms. The following day I went for a drink at the biggest hotel in town, and there was a special trash can labeled for condom disposal, a prominent display of the popular male condom brand, and the advertisements I had distributed were boldly informing pretty much anyone making a visit to the toilet to "play it safe" (cheza salama). Put a nice smile on my face.

Am looking forward to a few weeks of hanging out - playing cards, playing checkers, talking, playing pool, talking some more.... yeah, so there's not really a ton to do here in terms of 'hanging out'. But I enjoy it and plan on doing a lot of it, that is, a lot of nothing.

Which leads me to my last point - it is very hot here. The 'internet cafe' has air-conditioning. I will be coming to write at least a few entries a week, especially if my fan continues to go psycho as it has the past few days. But I don't have a ton to write about (please refer to the previous paragraph). Is anyone reading this? Anyone? Bueller? If you are, comment! Email me! Ask me questions! Tell me what to write about!! Tell me really boring information about life in the States*! If you don't, I'll be sure to REALLY rub it in your faces when I get back from my fantastic new-years-on-the-beach-getaway (with hopefully the added feature of pictures). PS, how's the weather back home anyways?

(*EXCEPT for medical conditions, please keep that info to yourself thank you very much)

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2005 11:47 PM  

  • BRI ~ your horrible bad terrible sister is finally reading your blog..the weather is warm but we haven't seen the sun for 18 days and everyone in central wisconsin has winter depression....AWESOME.
    HAHA. I am going to the laundrymat today (i know, so exciting) and plan to spend my time there writing you a long-ass letter to catch up!!!!!! Love Jo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2006 7:30 PM  

  • An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my husband back to me.. My name is Olivia Phimzile,i live in Florida,USA,and I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband ,with two kids.A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{supremetemple@hotmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same email supremetemple@hotmail.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to the Dr PAPA for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again. {supremetemple@hotmail.com}, Thanks..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2014 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home